Sunday 8 June 2014

Revlon Colourburst Balms Review and Swatches


Revlon Colourburst Balms definitely have their place amongst my makeup collection. They are the kind of lip product that I grab as I run out the door, or chuck in my handbag to brighten up my look on a rushed morning.

Not only are the easy to apply, but the formula is perfect for those days when you don't want anything really heavy on the lips. I suffer from really dry lips some weeks and these are perfect because they don't dry my lips out at all.

A lot of people don't like the feel of them on their lips because it is a minty/ cold feeling on the lips. I actually really like it because I feel like it's helping my lips. If you've ever used burts bees lip balm, you know the feeling!


Coquette: 110    Lacquer Balm
This colour is gorgeous for a subtle pink lip and is perfect for any time of the year. I love this colour with a heavy eye look when I want something softer on the lips, but still want a little colour.




Demure: 105    Lacquer Balm
This is one of my favourite colours in the whole colourburst range (or at least from the ones I have tried). This is my pick on a day when I'm not wearing makeup but still want something on my lips. It is a pink that is exactly the same colour as my lips with a glitter finish. It's also really good as a top coat over another lipstick that I want to add a little 'something' to.


Honey: 001    Lacquer Balm
This is my go-to 'my lips but better' product. I love this for an everyday colour. I wore it today with my fluro pink sweater. I went out for lunch with my boyfriend and it stayed on through drinks, meals and a quick peck on the cheek :)






Mischevious: 235    Matte Balm
This is one of the more disappointing shades out of the colours I have. When I swatched it in the store I thought it would be a bright orange, which I love for spring. On the lips it isn't as opaque as I would have liked but it is still great for a subtle orange lip.



Provocateur: 135    Lacquer Balm
This is perfect for a glossy red lip. Not super opaque but if you aren't into an extremely bright red during the day, but still want the red lip look, then this is your colour. It's a really easy red lip to wear as well. A great introduction to a red lipstick :)





Smitten: 030   Matte Balm
Again, my purple lip fetish comes into play. I love this for a matte purple lip. Not drying in the slightest which means that I can wear it at work all day. Woo!





Unapologetic: 210    Matte Balm
This colour is an amazing fluro coral which suits my skin tone perfectly. I am a lover of a bright lip on any day, which means that I will wear this day or night. Again, even though its matte it isn't in any way drying, which means I can wear it out to breakfast/lunch/dinner. Shades like these are perfect for me because I wear such a large amount of black that it helps to lift my look. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik